Friday, March 31, 2006

Spring has sprung

What a winter! Here in Moncton it was nothing to speak of, really. A couple of decent snowfalls with a lot of nothing in between. My snow tires didn't get much of a workout.

Now, I think, spring is coming early. The tulips in my garden are starting to sprout (I say "starting" but they are already quite high), and other plants are starting to show signs of new growth. Spring is by far my favourite time of the year.... new life just trying to push forth. The changes are just so dramatic and significant, it just amazes me. (I'm easily impressed, eh?)

This year, I have decided that spring will spring my life as well. After the rough winter I put in at work and the rough month I just put in with my health, I am fully prepared to push forth, initiating new growth into my life. Without getting too sappy, I have a new appreciation for what's important.