Sunday, October 16, 2005

Stage fright, writer's block, performance anxiety...

After Jody told me that I was added to his "must read" list, I became instantly anxious about content. I mean, how do I come up with something worthy of an audience on a regular basis? I worried and stressed and put three posts on my first day. If I can't give them something interesting to read, I'll at least give them a lot to read! Still I fret for content...

But then I watched Growing Up Gotti on A&E. This show takes viewers into the private lives of the (in)famous Gotti family, as single mother Victoria Gotti struggles to balance her writing career, her love life, and looking after her three teenage sons. I watched two episodes, back to back. In one episode, the three boys and their cousin participate in a rap recording session and in the other, two Gotti boys go on a blind date with some good old fashioned, nice Italian girls.

60 minutes of my life, gone forever.

If A&E can grab my attention for an hour with this crap, why am I worried about content?