Saturday, November 12, 2005

One man's junk...

Englebert Humperdinck is still making someone happy.

Music helps pass the time for me when I'm driving. I made a spindle full of assorted CDs about a year and a half ago for a long road trip. I put everything from Alice Cooper to Johnny Cash to Englebert Humperdinck on those CDs. While my wife dozes and my son plays Playstation, I'll sing along to my tunes while I drive. My taste in music is a source of ribbing, teasing, and at times friction during the road trip and for a short time afterwards. Six or seven songs will pass while my wife snoozes, but a song will come on that she doesn't like coincidentally just as she wakes up from her slumber. "You have lousy taste in music!"

Well, "someone" spilled a hot chocolate over my CDs and I couldn't play them. I'm not paranoid, but I don't think it was an accident. ;-) The CD's have sat for over a year, waiting for me to clean them, until yesterday. We visited friends, Shirley and Kevin, last evening. Shirley asked if I would make her a CD for her own road trips. I immediately went to the van and returned with the CDs, and gave her the whole sticky stack.


She just called me, Englebert Humperdinck belting out "After the Loving" in the background and told me how wonderful I am. (I am, you know!)

By the way, the Johnny Cash link is worth clicking on if you like innovative website designs. This one is slick.